Welcome to Teleplay! If you ever have any questions, please reach out to me at email@example.com.
Below you'll find the instructions for both the iOS and Android versions of Teleplay.
iOS users: To download Teleplay 1.7 search for Teleplay in the App Store. Please make sure that your tablet is running the latest operating system before downloading. If you don't yet have the Teleplay kit, check out the NEW magic mode, which lets you have the green screen effect without the Teleplay kit. This video shows you how to use it.
Android users: Search for Teleplay in the Google Play Store (Android has several issues right now which will be fixed by August 23rd. The main issues are that the calibration isn't working well and videos aren't saving to library)
1. Position your tablet in front of the green screen. You can position it like in the photo below or use your iPad's rear camera.
It is crucial that your setup is in good lighting conditions. In poor lighting conditions, the camera has a hard time differentiating between the toy and the green blanket.
2. In the app interface you'll notice 4 icons in top right hand corner:
this flips between the two cameras
adds sound when playing and recording video
lets you choose the background you want to use
calibrates the color of your green screen
3. In the top right hand corner of the interface click on the icon. Then, click on "calibrate" so that the app recognizes the shade of green you're using.
4. Time to choose a background! Click on . There you will find that the backgrounds are sorted by category.
5. Once you choose a category you'll notice that there are 3 subcategories: video preview, photo preview, and downloaded. The two preview subcategories let you browse and preview the different backgrounds. Here we are previewing the "Croatia" video background. Please note the preview option is not yet available in Android.
6. Once you see a preview you like, click on the download icon. In the example below, we downloaded "Sunset Ride". Once you have it downloaded click on the background icon again and it will now show up on your green screen.
7. You'll notice that all downloaded backgrounds show up in "Downloaded".
8. You'll notice that the interface allows you to favorite backgrounds and to use backgrounds from your own tablet library.
9. If you want to add sound, click on .
10. If you want to silence sound click on the icon in bottom left corner. When you record your own voice audio with music, we suggest you silence the music so that, in your video recording, your voice is more audible relative to the music.
11. To remove a preview or a downloaded background simply use the swipe gesture on the background itself and it will disappear. You'll need to do this if you want to re-calibrate your green screen.
12. To remove the white navigation bar, swipe on it and it will collapse.
13. Click on the red record button and your videos will show up in your library.