Welcome to Teleplay! If you ever have any questions, please reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
iOS users: To download Teleplay 1.23.1 search for Teleplay in the App Store. Please make sure that your phone or tablet tablet is running the latest operating system before downloading. If you don't yet have the Teleplay kit, check out the NEW magic mode, which lets you have the green screen effect without the Teleplay kit. This video shows you how to use it.
Android users: Search for Teleplay in the Google Play store. As of April 3, 2021 it has a 2.0 rating, which isn't great. But please keep in mind that most of the negative reviews were written before a major update in February 2021 which solved critical bugs. It works well on most Android devices which are updated to the latest operating system. We're improving it each week. By April 20, the following features will be added: ability to preview backgrounds and foreground filters.
Kindle Fire users: The Teleplay app is in the Amazon App store but it has a bug in it preventing green screen calibration from working.
In the meantime, please use the file below (make sure to allow your Fire to download apps from unknown sources) to use Teleplay.
1. Position your tablet in front of the green screen. You can position it like in the photo below or use your iPad's rear camera.
It is crucial that your setup is in good lighting conditions. In poor lighting conditions, the camera has a hard time differentiating between the toy and the green blanket.
2. In the app interface you'll notice 4 icons in top right hand corner:
this flips between the two cameras
adds sound when playing and recording video
lets you choose the background you want to use
calibrates the color of your green screen
3. In the top right hand corner of the interface click on the icon. Then, click on "calibrate" so that the app recognizes the shade of green you're using.
4. Time to choose a background! Click on . There you will find that the backgrounds are sorted by category.
5. Once you choose a category you'll notice that there are 3 subcategories: video preview, photo preview, and downloaded. The two preview subcategories let you browse and preview the different backgrounds. Here we are previewing the "Croatia" video background. Please note the preview option is not yet available in Android.
6. Once you see a preview you like, click on the download icon. In the example below, we downloaded "Sunset Ride". Once you have it downloaded click on the background icon again and it will now show up on your green screen.
7. You'll notice that all downloaded backgrounds show up in "Downloaded".
8. You'll notice that the interface allows you to favorite backgrounds and to use backgrounds from your own tablet library.
9. If you want to add sound, click on .
10. If you want to silence sound click on the icon in bottom left corner. When you record your own voice audio with music, we suggest you silence the music so that, in your video recording, your voice is more audible relative to the music.
11. To remove a preview or a downloaded background simply use the swipe gesture on the background itself and it will disappear. You'll need to do this if you want to re-calibrate your green screen.
12. To remove the white navigation bar, swipe on it and it will collapse.
13. Click on the red record button and your videos will show up in your library.